OMG Afros and septum piercings!!!
Some other facts about Josephine Baker (Freda Josephine McDonald)
- She first married at the age of 13
- She danced alongside Ethel Waters at the Plantation Club in New York City
- She tried to bring her career to America in 1936 but the racism forced her back to France
- She was a member of the Free French forces during WWII
- She also worked for the French Resistance during WWII. She smuggled messages in her underwear and music sheets.
- She was awarded the Croix de Guerre and the Legion of Honour for her work with the French military
- She was married 4 times
- She adopted 12 children from around the world
- She attended the March on Washington and was one of the speaker’s
- In 1973 she finally got to perform at Carnegie Hall in NYC
- Princess Grace of Monaco was a friend of Josephine Baker
- Josephine Baker died in her sleep of a cerebral hemorrhage on April 12, 1975 at the age of 69
- Over 20,000 people attended her funeral procession in Paris
- May 20th is Josephine Baker Day as declared by the NAACP because of her Civil Rights work
And then I dressed it up in some heels!!!
Ping Ping Catsuit - http://shop.pingpingclothing.com/Mime-Catsuit-C1021.htm
Heels - Privileged http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151155200829?lpid=82
Jacket - Vintage and will be sold on http://thefabulousstains.com
It’s that time of the month and at this moment, I can’t tell if I’m being a bitch, or if I’m just being honest..
The rage I just had.
I don’t know whether to apologise or hold my ground.
Sometimes those who don’t socialize much aren’t actually anti-social, they just have no tolerance for drama and fake people.
Black Girls Killing It Shop BGKI NOW